Twilight Muffin

Twilight=the one thing better than muffins.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

My story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
his.heart.belongs.to.me
Michaela-confused admin who loves Twilight and is scared of big words.

Female
Number of posts : 173
Humor : When life hands me lemons, I throw them back and demand Edward!!
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: My story   Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:43 pm

Here you go everybody! Enjoy!

I pushed my aching legs to the point where I felt they would fall off any moment. I was far past the boundary lines of the village, I knew, but I wasn't going to take any chances. Who knew what they would do if they caught me. And my father couldn't stop it. He was only the third member of the council. I let fresh tears spill over, making my already tear-stained face wetter. I slowed to a steady walk. If they were going to look for me at all, it would most likely be tomorrow.
The glow of the moon lit a path for me through the trees. I walked, unconsious of where I was going, until I heard the faint sound of rustling leaves. I stopped immediatly, afraid they had sent out a search party already. I ducked down behind a small bush and looked around nervously. I couldn't see anyone, but I could still here the leaves. It sounded like it was coming from the other side of the bush I hid behind. I held my breath. The footsteps came closer, quiet at first and then louder. I sat very still, planning my escape, but I was too late.
Before I knew it, he had me in his arms, running. I tried to scream, but my body wouldn't allow it. He held me too tightly to try to struggle away. I was helpless in the arms of this stranger, but oddly I felt comforted. I stared at his face, careful to turn away whenever he looked down at me. His hair was a beautiful auburn color, tending toward dark-brown. It was blown back from the wind, but it still looked beautiful. Even in the dim light of the night I could tell he was tan. The dark shade of his skin really brought out the bright color of his eyes. I was suddenly drawn to them. The color was unfamiliar to me, a gold color, but I could see silver and different shades of brown in them. They were very bright and seemed to leave a glow on his tanned cheeks.
I was so caught up in his perfection, that I was thrown off balance when he set me down on the un-level ground. I fell backward and waited for my face to hit the rocky soil, but it never came. I could feel his arm wrapped around my waist, supporting my weight. I opened my eyes to see him smiling down at me. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. His smile was a radiating beam of light that shone brighter than his eyes. For a second, I forgot who I was. He pulled me up effortlessly and held out his hand. "My name's Michael." I just stared at his out-stretched hand, probably looking like an idiot. He waited, and when I still didn't take it, he shoved his hand into the pocket of his dark blue jeans. "Um, sorry." He flashed me a crooked smile. Again, my brain locked down. I wished he would stop doing that.
"Kara." I couldn't manage to say more than my name. I was so ashamed of my voice now. It sounded so dull compared to the melodic tone of his.
"Well then, Kara," he repeated, "We better get you inside so you can rest." I looked around, not understanding what he meant. There was no shelter around, or at least, not that I could tell.
"Where?" I asked.
He laughed again. "You don't expect me to make you sleep outside, do you?" I was confused. What was he talking about? There was nothing here except trees and bushes. "Alright. Hold on." Again, he was holding me in his warm arms. He wasn't running, walking at a steady pace, as if I weighed merely two ounces. I couldn't seem to get my spinning thoughts straight. I was close to settling down again, but then he spoke. My mind was sent back into confusion, and I had to dig around a little to find out how to make my lips move. A little more to make sound come out.
"Well, why are you out here. No intention to pry." Half-smile. Confusion. Struggle to get it together. This was going to be a normal routine as long as I was with him.
"I don't want to talk about it." My tone finalized the subject.
"Oh. Well, um........" He was trying to bring up some sort of topic of conversation to ease the tension. How could you ease tension when you've just kidnapped someone and you are making no sense at all.
"What do you mean?" I asked, almost whispering. I thought I would have to repeat the question, but he had heard.
"About what?"
"What do you mean "Get me inside'? There's nowhere to stay." I felt his body shake with laughter. What was so funny?
"You'll see." I rolled my eyes. I hated surprises. If he was planning on throwing me off a cliff or murdering me, he should just do it now. Why make me wait?
I saw a smile break across his perfect features. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see a glow coming from the clearing beyond the trees. I turned just as we broke through, and there stood the perfect image of Heaven. It was a house, but to me, more than that. The light emmitting from it played on the trees and cast strange shadows where they stood. The tall, white pillars holding its weight looked so intimidating yet so inviting. I wanted to jump from Michael's arms and run into the house, but I stayed in his comforting grasp. My eyes moved across the front, and glued themselves to the left side of the building. The whole wall was nothing but glass windows, tall and inviting, like the pillars. Dark red curtains flowed down the window-wall. Where did anyone get that much fabric? There was a balcony on the opposite side of the house, with beautiful French doors leading into some unknown room. I continued to stare in awe, completely unaware of Michael's eyes on my face. Like him, the house was perfect. Every bit of it, perfectly designed and measured, not one mistake. It suddenly looked out of place sitting in the middle of such a boring forest.
"You like it?" he asked. I jumped a little, but he still had a firm grip on me, not letting me fall.
"It's amazing." I breathed out. I realized I had been holding my breath the whole time. He chuckled, a low sound in his throat.
"Good because this is where you are staying." I brought my gaze to his smiling face. He didn't even know me, and he was inviting me to stay in his house? I debated myself, trying to decide whether to reject his offer and sleep outside or just let him be the judge of it. He cleared his throat, interrupting my internal conversation. "It's no big deal, really. I will explain everything in the morning." How could I resist those pleading, radiant eyes, boring into mine, making me lose myself again.
"But-" I tried to protest, but I was cut short by his warm lips against mine. God, more confusion. Before long I was going to be completley lost in my own mind with no hopes of getting out. He was a stranger, kissing me like we had known each other all our lives, and I couldn't even struggle away. What was wrong with me?
His lips moved to my ear, and I could feel his hot breath blowing on my neck as he whispered the words that shattered my brain completely. "I love you."
I pushed myself away from him, falling to the ground. I didn't get up, just sat there, staring wide-eyed at him. I could feel the anger getting hotter, turning my face red, but I tried not to lose control.
He was wearing a mask of perfection, that crooked half-smile that made me melt, but now it only made my anger climb. My hands clenched into fists as I got to my feet. I wasn't going to fight him. He would probably win anyway. I turned on my heel away from him and stalked off angrily.
"Kara, wait." He was right behind me, his hand gripping my wrist. "I'm sorry."
"You're sorry?" I was able to wrench my wrist from his tight grip and turn around to face him again. "You kidnapped me, introduced yourself like kidnapping is perfectly normal, and kissed me even though we have known each other two hours! Did you expect everything to be fine and dandy? Or were you intending on being rude enough as to kiss me?" He laughed, which made me angrier.
"Kara, if you would just come inside and rest, I would be more than happy to explain tomorrow, preferably when you're not so.....tense."
"Tense!" If you hadn't kissed me, I would be fine, and, no, I'm not staying there!" I bent down, mumbling to myself things I hoped he couldn't hear, and began gathering leaves.
"What are you doing?"
"Making my bed. What's it matter to you?"
"Come on, now. Don't be so stubborn."
"Don't be so stupid!" I shot back. The anger was boiling inside me. I fought the urge to throw a stick at him. "I hardly know you! I'm not staying with you."
"Ugh. You were always so stubborn."
"Excuse me?"
"Nothing." He looked down, his already dark skin turning darker with embarassment. "I'm not letting you sleep outside. If I have to throw you on my back and drag you in, I will."
"Yeah right. I can sleep where ever I want." I crossed my arms, determined to win my arguement. He was the one being stubborn. Why won't you just let me sleep out here?" I thought. I didn't say it out loud because, secretly, in the corner of my mind, I wanted to stay with him. I wanted to enter his perfect world and forever be lost in my thoughts about him. But this world was too....familiar, too dangerous. It was too much of a risk to trust him, anyone for that matter.
"I'll behave myself, I promise," he held up his hands as if in surrender. "Just, please, don't sleep out here. What if it rains?" As if to make his point, thunder rolled in the distance. "See? You can't stay out here in the rain." I looked up at the black clouds covering the sky quickly.
"Fine." I groaned. We turned towards the house, and he touched my arm lightly to guide me. I jerked away with a look on my face that could only be described as anger and stepped as far away as I could from him without losing site of his face, which wore a smug expression.
I had to walk a little faster than usual to keep up with Michael'a long strides. I stole a glance at him a few times, only to turn away quickly due to the fact that he was staring at me. Was he trying to make me kill him?
We walked up the white marble steps at the front of the house and stopped at the door. Michael moved ahead of me and held the door. I crossed my arms and stood still. "You know, being polite isn't going to change my mind." He muttered something under his breath that I couldn't hear and walked inside. I followed him in, immediatly struck with awe again. The inside was even more beautiful than the outside. Everything was a wonderful glowing white. My eyes scanned the room, taking in more than they could handle. There were two curved staircases on either side of the room, both with reddish-brown wood, polished so that it was glistening. Michael walked towards the right staircase pausing to turn and give me a look that said, "Are you coming." I looked at him suspiciously and moved to catch up. I followed him up the stairs, tripping a few times on the red-satin rug and stopped behind him at the landing.
"Ok, this is where you will be sleeping. It is my room." he said and walked towards the first door on the left side of the little hallway.
"No.No.No." I said firmly. "I am not putting you out of your room. I'll just go sleep on the couch." I turned around, intending to go get settled on the little sofa but was stopped by Michael's warm hand in mine.
"You're not putting me out. I'm staying in here too. Come on now." He tugged my arm lightly opening the door and pulling me in. My eyes immediatly fixxed themselves on the huge bed across the room from where we stood. The dark-red blankets-matching the curtains- were pulled back neatly. On the right was a small nightstand, with polished wood that matched the stair railings. Next to that was a couch, black and leather. It really stood out against the white walls.
Michael let go of my hand-I hadn't realized he was still holding it- and walked over to the two doors on the other side of the bed. He disappeared for a moment, then returned carrying a blanket and a pillow, both of the same red color as all the other fabric in the house. I watched him as he placed them on the black couch and sat down.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twilightlove.aforumfree.com
his.heart.belongs.to.me

Female
Number of posts : 173
Humor : When life hands me lemons, I throw them back and demand Edward!!
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: My story   Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:44 pm

"Go ahead. The bed's right there." He motioned towards it. I was suddenly aware of how tired I was. Perhaps it was from all the running I did. Too exhausted to put up an arguement, I slowly made my way to the bed and stumbled in, feeling Micheal's eyes on me as I crossed the room.
I rolled over, facing away from him, and pulled the covers up to my chin. "Michael?" I said. It felt weird addressing him directly.
"Yes, Kara?"
"Thank you. For everything."
I could hear the smile in his reply. "Your welcome. And, um, I'm sorry I kissed you. It was wrong of me.
It's ok. I liked it, was what my brain was screaming at me to say, but instead I mumbled "Mm-hm" and let my eyelids fall.
I was shaking uncontrollably, yet still unconscious. This confused me. Then I realized it wasn't me shaking; it was Michael trying to wake me. His voice sounded small and distant as he called my name. "Kara! Kara!" He yelled, panic in his voice. He continued to shake me, and my eyes fluttered open. I brought my arm up immediatly, shielding my eyes from the bright light. I heard Michael let out a sigh of relief. I lay there, Michael's hands still on my shoulders. The memories of last night's events played back in my head. I felt my anger rise again, and I quickly shoved Michael away from me and jumped out of bed.
"Kara? What's wrong?"
"You know exactly what's wrong you-"
"Oh!" He laughed, and I folded my arms across my chest and looked away from him. "I said I was sorry."
"Well, sorry doesn' t help when you've kissed a stranger!"
"But, Kara! We're not strangers!"
"Yes we are! What are you talking about? I don't know you! I just met you last night!"
"You've known me you're whole life. I shouldn't have said anything, but I guess I have to explain. I was planning on letting time heal your memory, I guess you clould say."
"Michael, you're not making any sense." Suddenly, last night's nightmare was vivid in my mind. It was the reason Michael was shaking me.

[size=12]It was dark, too dark to see. All I could hear was the sound of his soft voice.
"Everything's going to be fine. I promise. They aren't going to find us." My arms searched the darkness, grasping for his hand. Our hands met and fire burned where we touched. He pulled me towards him and tucked my head under his chin.
"I love you." I whispered, hoping desperately that this would all end.
"Kara, your face is the only one that will be etched in my memory, your laughter will be the only sound that plays in my head, you are the only one that I will ever love." He was saying good-bye, I knew. I wrapped my arms tighter around his waist and hid my face in his chest, trying to bind myself to him. If they were going to take him, they were going to take me too.
Suddenly, his body tensed and he held me protectively. I didn't move nor breath as the footsteps grew louder. The tears stung in my eyes. He pulled my chin up with two fingers. "Kara, I promised everything would be fine, and it will. I love you." He pressed his warm lips to mine, saying more good-byes with every movement, and all too soon, he was being ripped from my grasp. The fire no longer burned between us. He wasn't close enough. " I promise." he said before I was alone. The tears ran down my cheeks as I screamed his name, knowing it wouldn't help at all.
"Michael! Michael!"[/
size]
The sudden reality of it was so intense, I nearly lost balance. That wasn't a nightmare; a memory. Suddenly, a thousand images of Michael's face danced in my mind. Images I hadn't seen with these eyes. Images that had been lost and were now found with the one single memory of last night. I closed my eyes, hoping to erase it, but only saw more. I saw tall grass stretched across a plain, the sunset making everything seem so much more beautiful. I saw a beach, Michael smiling and splashing water on me. Not me, I thought. That can't be me. If it was, why had I forgotten all of this? I opened my eyes and met Michael's gaze, patient as he waited for me to gain control.
"Last night you were screaming my name. You must remember something. Even a little?" His golden eyes begged me to find the memories he knew so well, the memories I had already found.
"Michael?" He nodded once, somehow understanding all the questions behind the simple word. I threw myself into him, wanting more than anything to feel him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed every inch of him I could reach.
"You remember?" He asked.
"Yes, Michael. I remember. I'm so sorry I forgot."
"No. It's not your fault. Hm, if you didn't remember me you must not remember that."
"Remember what?"
"First, will you tell me what you dreamt about last night. That might make things easier."
"Um, they took you away from me, but I don't know who."
"What a horrible memory to remember me from." He chuckled. I pressed my ear to his chest as he lay back on the propped up pillows. He strocked my cheek with his right hand and held my hand with the other. No wonder I felt so comfortable last night.
"I guess I'd better explain."
"Please do."
"Alright. I don't know where to begin."
"The beginning would be the best place to start if you ask me." He laughed and squeezed my hand.
"I guess you're right. Well, I had just found you. We met in the forest right outside the village. That's what I was doing out there the other night. I went every night after I lost you. Everything was going great until they came. They were the most horrible creatures and strange, too. They somehow knew everyone on the planet, don't know how, but they did. They intended on wiping out the human race. Erasing our memories and just leaving. I don't understand why they would do that, but they did. The entire United States was captured and millions of identies erased. Only a few of us remained. You and me hid with a few other humans in this very house. It was invisible to the invaders. Sometimes they passed right in front of the windows, and we would all laugh. Before long they gave up on their searching. Well, that's what we thought. We were low on food so we took a trip to the village market. Some of us kept watch outside, including me and you. When the others didn't come out, we peeked inside. There was no one there. We ran for the house, hoping they wouldn't be there, but they were. I grabbed your hand, and we ran in the opposite direction. We stayed in hiding in a cave I found. Every so often I would have to go out and get food. You hated that. I remember you would beg me to let you go instead. So stubborn." He chuckled and kissed my hand. "I went anyways, always coming back safely. One night, you followed me out. I had no choice but to bring you with me. We were half-way through the forest when we heard the footsteps. That's where your nightmare would come in. They took me away, but I managed to escape. It wasn't easy. The technology they have is just so hard to manipulate. I finally got through to the computers and escaped the facility they held me in. That was 6 years ago."
"6 years?"
"Yes. I guess they got to you. I didn't think it would be this easy trying to help you remember."
"You spent 6 years searching for me? Even though you knew I wouldn't remember you?"
"Kara, I love you. You were the only thing that mattered to me. When they took me away from me, I felt nothing. It was nothing but darkness. You were my sun and without you nothing shone. I spent 6 years looking for you because I love you."

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twilightlove.aforumfree.com

My story
Page 1 of 1